Today the Hollywood Bowl Announces 2024 Summer Schedule. On Tuesday, the Los Angeles Philharmonic announced the official Summer 2024 schedule at the Bowl. Dropping this news amid a significant storm in the Los Angeles region allows locals a chance to daydream a bit about what it might be like when the weather clears … and, per a news release, that answer is another great mix of acts gracing the Bowl stage.
Headliners include Beck, Laufey and Natalia Lafourcade (all of whim will be performing with the LA Phil), Mitski, Gary Clark Jr. and Toto, plus already announced anchor shows like the July 4th fireworks spectacular with Harry Connick.
Here are some highlights:
- Hollywood Bowl Jazz Festival with Jodeci, Christian McBride, Charles Lloyd with Jason Moran, Larry Grenadier, and Brian Blade, Mulatu Astatke, Alex Isley and Herbie Hancock Institute of Jazz Performance at UCLA on June 15 and Kamasi Washington, Robert Glasper with Yebba, Cory Henry, Soul Rebels with Seun Kuti, Baby Rose, Brian Blade & the Fellowship Band, and Aneesa Strings on June 16
- Juneteenth Celebration with T-Pain, Color of Noise Orchestra, and conductor Derrick Hodge on June 19
- Roots Picnic: Hip-hop is the Love of My Life with The Roots, Queen Latifah, Common, Digable Planets, Arrested Development, The Pharcyde, and Black Sheep on June 29
- Beck with the Los Angeles Philharmonic on July 6
- Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit, Sylvan Esso, and Uwade on July 21
- Chaka Khan on July 26
- Gary Clark Jr. and The War and Treaty on August 21
- Toto and Christopher Cross on September 1
- Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue with Big Boi on September 4
- Natalia Lafourcade with the Los Angeles Philharmonic on September 6 and 7
- Rodrigo y Gabriela on September 18
- Mitski and Sharon Van Etten on September 28
There are also a handful of To Be Announced slots. For more details visit the official Hollywood Bowl website.